Tuesday 15 March 2011

Working in a New Way!

Reacting to the sounds, smells and sights. Not necessarily in connection with one another, just to get a feel or impression of the site in the body.




Often I see a connection between us as dancers but I don't know if it would be strong enough without the site to simply copy the movement. My question is, what to do with this material? I am swaying towards picking out key moments to create a phrase to play with in the space.


(This is the first time I have improvised in a public space and I feel so inspired by this multi-sensory stimulus! I will definitely be visiting this in the near future)

1 comment:

joanabanana said...

very nice!!! i can relate to what youre saying about the randomness, but I think you shouldnt worry. Maybe just keep the expirience of spatial sensation with you in any improvisation and you can use this feeling to trigger new movements where ever you are!!!