Friday 11 March 2011

Choreography Duet Starting Point!

My life and the worlds life are deeply intertwined; when I wake up one morning to find that a week-long illness has subsided and that my strength has returned, the world, when I step outside, fairly crackles with energy and activity... Likewise, when a haze descends upon the valley in which I dwell, it descends upon my awareness as well, muddling my thoughts, making my muscles yearn for sleep. The world and I reciprocate one another. The landscape as I directly experience it is hardly a determinate object; it is an ambiguous realm that responds to my emotions and calls forth feelings from me in turn.

(p33) The Spell of the Sensuous, David Abrahms


PHENOMENOLOGICAL WORLD!

"Being in the world" where person and world are mutually constitutive

defined by directed-ness, embodiment and worldliness

is my experience of ... the same as yours?


[ we understand a cat as a whole not just by sound - senses as a whole ]

No comments: