Thursday 17 February 2011

Conversation in Simple Movement...

My partner joined me at one point and I turned away, she said she felt offended. We ended up doing similar movement and this reminds me that when you know someone really well you tend to have too much in common. When you speak you talk about the same things.
I find this a really effective way of building relationships and characters.

Gaps in conversation
Argue/confront
Speak at the same time
Backchannel
Pause
Monologue/length of time

The outcome depends on how both dancers and audience members interpret it. Like listening to a foreign language. Every time you work with a new partner you must translate their language.


Similar to what we worked on in the first term....

img015


I think I may like to look into this movement conversation idea a bit more maybe even as a foundation for my duet.

No comments: